Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blank Generation.

Sometimes, I find it fun to give into the superficiality of life. To go shopping in order to keep myself happy and busy or buy the latest issue of a bullshit magazine.
It can be fun to do something so your not doing "nothing".

Consumerism, that drives gen Y, has made individuality and honesty dead.
No one wants to be your friend unless you have something they want.Your style, your clothes, your personality, your friends; they want it all.

Why do I give a shit?
I don't.

I'm just so confused as to why everyone wants to be a "someone" and why nobody can hold a conversation when they know you can see right through them.

I'd rather be a no one and happy then indulge in the shit they call fun. Alcoholism is nothing to be proud of. The number of pills you can take in one evening is nothing to be proud of. The amount of money you spent on your outfit is completely irrelevant to the reason why your standing right in front of me.
Nothing impresses me anymore because I've seen it all. I have no ambition because there's nothing to want. Cynicism driven by the lack of drive; but a problem isn't a problem until you let it consume you and you are are stupid if you let it.

Not caring. Maybe that's my problem?

2 comments:

  1. I am a stranger, I don't believe much in amens
    But this deserves an amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thank you.
    A strangers just a friend i've yet to meet.

    ReplyDelete